Emergency Care & Level II Trauma Care
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Our emergency department continues to set the standard among area hospitals with the latest systems to reduce patient wait time and operate more efficiently.
- Comprehensive services and board-certified emergency specialists available around the clock to handle any life-threatening emergency, including heart attack and stroke
- 40 private, patient rooms to assure privacy, infection control and a calm, quiet atmosphere. Dedicated pediatric friendly treatment rooms.
- Pediatric trained emergency specialist on staff.
- Accredited chest pain center with PCI.
- Paramedics transmit vital patient information from the accident scene or transporting a patient. In the case of abnormal EKG reading consistent with a heart attack, patients are transported to Grand Strand Regional for surgical intervention to open blocked arteries.
- Digital pediatric medication management insures the right dose for children.
- Check-in kiosks in two languages, for easy check in with the swipe of a driver’s license or credit card.
- Physicians diagnose and treat nearly 80,000 patients each year who arrive with chest pain, stroke symptoms or other emergency ailments.
- 24 hour emergency department at South Strand Medical Center, serving residents and visitors of the South Strand. Treatment areas include dedicated pediatric rooms.
Level II Trauma Care
- One of two Level II trauma centers in South Carolina and the only Level II trauma program in SC certified by the American College of Surgeons and DHEC. Trauma surgeons treated 2,345 patients in 2012, identified as those who suffer life-threatening injuries with potential for secondary complications such as shock, respiratory failure or death.
- Two dedicated trauma rooms, helipad adjacent to the emergency department.
- Five trauma surgeons, a trauma orthopedic surgeon, anesthesiologists, emergency department physicians and onsite laboratory. All critical care and emergency nurses have special training in trauma nursing and advanced cardiac and pediatric life support.
Health Articles & Tips
Accredited Chest Pain Center
This accreditation ensures that patients receive critical treatment during the early stage of a heart attack.
Grand Strand Regional Medical Center
809 82nd Parkway
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
Phone: (843) 692-1784
map & directions
South Strand Medical Center
5050 Hwy 17 Bypass
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
Phone: (843) 839-1000
map & directions
A Level II trauma center requires that a trauma surgeon, anesthesia provider and surgical team be available 24 hours a day. Learn More » (134 KB)
A trauma victim’s chance of survival is greatest if care is received in the “Golden Hour” from the time of severe injury. Learn More » (140 KB)
Trauma staff members are committed to providing education about injury prevention.