The Heart Center
Ranked #1 in South Carolina for Heart Surgery
Choosing a hospital for your heart care can be a life or death decision. You want reassurance that you are getting the best.
A national study ranked Grand Strand Regional Medical Center number one in South Carolina out of 16 programs for cardiac surgery with four consecutive years (2010-2013) by Healthgrades. The medical center was also ranked number two for overall cardiac services.
Together with the nursing staff, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, cardiac anesthesiologists and support staff and inpatient services, you can count on experienced care at The Heart Center, when you need it:
Heart Health Profile
Take the Heart Health profile to discover
important information about your
- Over 5,500 heart surgeries since 1995, with success rates exceeding state and national averages
- 457 heart surgeries and over 10,000 cardiac catheterization procedures performed in 2012
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI
- Twelve cardiologists, two cardiothoracic surgeons, two cardiac anesthesiologists on staff
- Minimally invasive valve repair and replacement
- Door to balloon time during a 12-month period averages 38 minutes compared to the U.S. Gold Standard of 90 minutes
- In 2012, Grand Strand Regional received a Top Performer rating in heart attack and heart failure quality measures by The Joint Commission