Many departments in the hospital are involved with the care of cardiac and vascular patients. These include the emergency department, medical, cardiovascular and medical intensive care units, progressive coronary care unit, radiology, cardiac catheterization lab and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation department. All of our departments are state-of-the-art with highly trained staff. At Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, patients can rest assured that they will receive excellent care.
The Grand Strand Regional Heart Center opened in November 2011. The 60,000 square foot building includes three cardiac cath labs, an electrophysiology laboratory, a 12-bed pre- and post-catheterization unit, two eight-bed intensive care units, a 24-bed progressive care unit, EKG testing area, waiting areas and dedicated parking. Additional services adjacent to the Heart Center are cardiovascular intensive care units and dedicated operating rooms for heart surgery.
- Designated Level II trauma center by American College of Surgeons and DHEC.
- Physicians in our 40-bed emergency department (ED) diagnose and treat thousands of patients each year who arrive with chest pain, stroke symptoms, or other cardiovascular ailments. All physicians are board certified or board eligible in emergency medicine.
- The ED continues to set the standard among area hospitals in incorporating the latest systems to reduce patient wait time and operate more efficiently.
- Physicians meet with local hospitals and EMS personnel quarterly to advance the systems of care for patients with suspected heart attacks.
- Accredited chest pain center with PCI.
- Grand Strand Regional Medical Center has an eight-bed cardiovascular surgery intensive care (CVICU) and two eight-bed intensive care (ICU) units.
- The ICU units care for cardiac patients receiving non-surgical treatments, while the CVICU unit cares for patients recovering from open-heart or vascular surgery.
- The nursing staff members are specially trained in cardiac intensive care.
- The nursing units incorporate the highest standard of patient care in the most comfortable, private and secure environments.
The heart team is dedicated to improving the cardiovascular health of the area communities. Grand Strand Regional offers ongoing community education including walk-in cholesterol and blood pressure screenings at HealthFinders at Coastal Grand Mall. Walk-in screenings for cholesterol and blood pressure are available, Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. For more information on our community outreach services, please contact Consult A Nurse at (843) 692-4444. We wish you the best in heart health!
To learn more about the Heart Center at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, please call:
Grand Strand Regional Medical Center encourages you to be a partner in health prevention and safety by taking advantage of free or low cost screening and safety information.
Know Your Numbers
Learn more about the excellent cardiac physicians that practice at Grand Strand Regional Heart Center.
Dr. Anne Everman
Dr. Jason Goebel
Dr. Randall Goodroe
Dr. John Ijem
Dr. William Jackson, Jr.
Dr. Mark Karavan
Dr. Jimmy Kontos
Dr. Erol Lale
Dr. Dennis Lang
Dr. A. Brian McIntyre
Dr. Robert H. Messier, Jr.
Dr. Neil Trask, III
Dr. David Truluck
Dr. Jerry Watson
- Services A-Z
- Breast Health Center
- Cancer Care
- Critical Care Units
- Diabetes Management
- Emergency Care & Level II Trauma Care
- Heart Center
- Imaging Services
- Lung Cancer Program
- Maternity Center
- Palliative Care
- Physical Therapy
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior Health
- Spine & Neuro Center
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Wound Care