Several safety and security measures at Grand Strand Medical Center provide enhanced security for patients, visitors and staff. Public entrances for hospital visitors are through the main entrance lobby, the emergency department and The Heart Center. All other doors will be secured and operable in an emergency or with a restricted access badge. Hospital entrance hours are: 5:30am - 9:30pm for the main lobby and The Heart Center; 24 hours a day in the emergency department.
In addition, Grand Strand Medical Center's visitor management program requires all individuals age 16 and over to show government issued identification upon entering the hospital. A security staff member at each entrance will scan an individual's identification, photograph the person and print a photo badge with the visitor's intended visit location. Children under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult and will receive a copy of the adult's badge. Children will not be photographed. Individuals seeking treatment in the emergency department will be exempt from the identification process.
- 9:30 am - 8:30 pm
- Fathers may visit anytime.
- Grandparents/Family: 10:00am - 8:30pm
- General Visitation: 1:00pm - 8:30pm
- 9:30am - 8:30pm
*Immediate family members only, two visitors at a time, no food/drinks/flowers allowed in ICUs.
Short pleasant visits are important to a patient. However, to help the patient's recovery, we offer the following:
- Check with the patient's family prior to planning a visit. Not all patients are up to receiving visitors.
- Wait a day or two before visiting patients who have had major surgery.
- Limit the number of visitors at one time, preferably no more than four per room.
- Children should never be left unattended anywhere in the hospital. Children under 12 need permission from the nurses' station to visit patients.
- Patients need adequate rest. Please limit your visit to 15 minutes or less.
- Use the chairs provided in the patient room or stand. Sitting on the patient's bed may be uncomfortable for the patient.
- Please do not visit a patient if you have a cold or a cough. As an added precaution, wash hands before and after visiting.
- Grand Strand Medical Center is a tobacco free campus. Smoking is prohibited on all hospital property.