To improve patient safety, quality of care and clinical outcomes by integrating medical simulation based education for all residents, physicians and clinical staff at Grand Strand Medical Center.
Grand Strand Health Education and Simulation Center is accredited through the Society of Simulation in Healthcare which is the most recognized accreditation for Simulation today. Our simulation center will provide incredible learning opportunities for our General Surgery residents. Residents can follow the ACS/APDS Surgery Resident Skills Curriculum to practice basic skills, advanced procedures and team based skills.
Utilizing Simulation to:
- Provide a realistic, effective and efficient environment for teaching and learning, assessment and research
- Incorporate evidence based practice
- Provide a learning environment that promotes development of clinical judgment and reasoning with the goal of delivering high-quality, safe patient care
- Provide a safe learning experience for all residents, staff and faculty
- Ensure that competency based methods of assessment and evaluation are used to assist students in understanding their level of acquisition in the simulation environment
- Promote Team development by incorporating multidisciplinary educational experiences focused on effective communication between practitioners and safe transitions of care
- Provide participants with clearly written objectives which are available prior to the experience
- Provide simulation based education that corresponds to the participants’ knowledge level and experience