Crohn’s Disease Oral Presentation
Grand Strand Internal Medicine resident Dr. Bryan Doherty giving his oral presentation on “Acute exacerbation of Crohn’s Disease Refractory to Tacrolimus therapy” at the South Carolina ACP Meeting held in Charleston.
Beware of Dog Poster Presentation
Dr. Chuck Frost, Internal Medicine Resident, presenting his poster “Beware of Dog: A Case of Vibrio alginolyticus in a Dog Bite Wound” at the annual South Carolina ACP Meeting held in Charleston.
Acute Stroke Poster Presentation
Grand Strand Internal Medicine resident Dr. Brenda Sandoval showcasing her poster of “Spontaneous Gastric Fundus Perforation: An Unusual Cause of Acute Stroke” at the South Carolina Medical Association Annual Meeting.
Radiofrequency Ablation Poster Presentation
Dr. Joshua Myers explaining his poster on “Delayed Cardiac Tamponade Complicating Radiofrequency Ablation for Atrial Flutter” at the South Carolina Medical Association Annual Meeting.
Posters & Presentations
South Carolina American College of Physicians Meeting Poster Presentations
- Frost C, Powers J, Sansbury J, Everman D. "Beware of Dog: A Case of Vibrio Alginolyticus in a Dog Bite Wound.”
- Alwine I, Dineen K, Becker G, Sansbury J. "The Great Imitator: A Cse of Hepatic Hydrothorax Masked by COPD And Right Heart Failure."
South Carolina American College of Physicians Meeting Oral Presentation
- Doherty B, Balanchivadze N, Raynor K. "Acute exacerbation of Crohn’s Disease Refractory to Tacrolimus therapy."
Infectious Disease Society of America Annual Meeting Poster Presentations
- Smith III, Thomas et al. "Antimicrobial Stewardship and Rapid Diagnostic Testing Bundle for Local Management of Gram-Negative Bloodstream Infections."
- Balanchivadze Nino et al. "Modified Clinical Pulmonary Infection Score as a surrogate tool to guide antibiotic de-escalation in patients with hospital-acquired, healthcare-associated and ventilator-associated pneumonia in intensive care units."
Society for General Internal Medicine -- Southern Regional Meeting Poster Presentations
- Blackman W, Glover A, Karavan M, Goebel E. "A 38 year old African-American male with complete heart block: Cardiac Sarcoidosis."
- Smith III T, Doherty B, Alwine I, Blackman W, Powers NJ, Mangano A, Glover A, Nambudiri V, Balanchivadze N. "A Cryptic Cause of Illness: A Case of Cryptococcoma in an Immunocompetent Individual."
- Alwine I, Nambudiri N, Mangano A, Balanchivadze N. "Evaluating An Occult GI Bleed: Getting the GIST of the Case."
AAMC Southern Group on Educational Affairs Regional Meeting Poster Presentations
- Sansbury J, Nambudiri VE, Bujanda D, Goldsteen R. "A Year in the Life: The Role of Staff Chief in a New Internal Medicine Residency Program."
- Nambudiri VE, Glover AF, Bujanda D, Sansbury J, Goldsteen R. “’Show and Tell’”: Developing a Multidisciplinary Longitudinal Visual Diagnosis Curriculum for First Year Internal Medicine Residents."
National Cardiovascular Data Registry Annual Meeting Poster Presentation
- Nambudiri VE, Kirkman D, Pappas L, Sotak H, Martel T. “Successful Improvement in Door-To-Balloon Time Following EMS Activation of Interventional Cardiology Laboratory for STEMI Patients.”
South Carolina Medical Association Annual Meeting Poster Presentations
- Myers J, Balanchivadze N. “Delayed Cardiac Tamponade Complicating Radiofrequency Ablation for Atrial Flutter.”
- Kanoy Carter M, Coni R, Goldsteen R, Balanchivadze N. “Wernicke’s Encephalopathy Complicating Hyperemesis Gravidarum: An Under-Recognized Clinical Entity.”
- Blackman W, Frost C, Powers J, Head D, Wunder R, Duff R. “TB or Not TB? That Is The Question.”
- Sandoval B, Balanchivadze N. “Spontaneous Gastric Fundus Perforation: An Unusual Cause of Acute Stroke.”
- Uzoegwu A, Frost C, Nambudiri V, Sherertz R, Grinman M. “Antiphospholipid Syndrome Presenting as TIA: Recognizing A Varied Presentation Based On Location Of Clot Burden.”
- Frost C, Nambudiri V, Goldsteen R, Brown J. “A Bleeding Pain: Sepsis to Stromal Sarcoma.”
- Smith T, Pearson A, Raynor K. “A Clip of a Case: GI Bleed Due To A Dislodged Hemostasis Clip.”
Society for General Internal Medicine Southern Regional Meeting Workshop Session
- Nambudiri VE and Goldsteen R. "Teaching the Difficult Resident – Acknowledging, Addressing, and Adapting To Challenging/Difficult Learners"
Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine Workshop Session
- Nambudiri VE. "The Chief Residents Mini-MBA: Case-Based Lessons in Leadership, Negotiation, and Strategy."
Society of General Internal Medicine National Meeting Poster Presentations
- Webb J, Nambudiri VE. “A Total Loss: Alopecia universalis presenting in association with Addison’s Disease.”
2. Frost C, Nambudiri N, Pearson A, Glover A, Sahoo DR. “Jaundice, Pruritus, and a ‘Nagging Feeling’: A Case of Klatskin Tumor”