Our simulation center is a state-of-the-art facility that will provide incredible learning opportunities for our residents. Our simulation curriculum is designed to create a safe learning environment for the residents with the ultimate goal of providing better, safer care for our patients. Faculty that instruct the residents are chosen specifically for the strength of their teaching skills and all have completed formal training in the use of simulation for medical education.
We will use simulation for common medical procedures, as well as, use of clinical case scenarios.
* Possible Simulation Scenarios:
- ACS/ NSEMI
- Acute Abdomen - signs/cases and examination findings
- Acute Hypoxic respiratory failure
- Atrial Fib with RVR
- Acute GI bleed from PUD and variceal bleed
- Hypertensive emergency
- Opioid overdose
- Transfusion reaction
* Other Potential Specific Procedures:
- Central Venous catheter - Internal Jugular, Subclavian, Femoral
- Arterial line
- Joint aspiration
- Knee injection
- Shoulder injection
- Bursal injection
- Basic derm biopsy
- I&D abscess
* All are subject to change from time to time.
Internal Medicine Program Coordinator