Why Myrtle Beach?
Grand Strand Medical Center provides a unique community hospital training environment marked by collegiality and educational opportunity:
- Affiliation with major teaching university.
- Direct one-on-one individualized teaching with faculty.
- Patient population is diverse and from all over the country.
- Very busy hospital that couples excellence in stroke care, cardiac care and trauma with core internal medicine
- Fully functional educational library access.
- The hospital draws from a 200,000+ population base area.
- Population of visitors exceeding 17 million per year.
- Cultural competency learning opportunities.
- Robust ER learning opportunities.
- Large ICU with superb intensivists.
- Broad based patient panel of internal medicine patients that will challenge the learner.
- Fun outside of residency options during time off including water sports, beach, clubs, restaurants and more.
- Possible future fellowships on-site.
- Leadership roles available in growing program.
- Quality of life.