Pediatric Care in Myrtle Beach
Caring for a sick or hurt child isn't limited to moms and dads. It takes round-the-clock pediatric doctors and nurses who know as much about little arms, legs and bodies as they do about calming kids and their parents who are scared or upset.
We know how scary hospitals can be for young children. At Grand Strand Medical Center, our pediatricians and nurses are committed to caring for our young patients in a comfortable, pediatric-focused environment.
Pediatric ER in Myrtle Beach
Kids never mean to hurt themselves, but unfortunately, accidents do happen. When injuries or illnesses occur, you can trust the pediatric specialists at Grand Strand Medical Center to provide your child with the best care possible. Our doctors understand adult-sized care doesn't fit children. The dedicated pediatric ER nurses and doctors tailor their every word and treatment for little ones. We take extra care today to give children a healthier tomorrow.
- Pediatric ER specifically designed for children
- Child-friendly design with bright colors and pediatric artwork
- Minimal-to-no wait times
- Board-certified pediatric emergency physicians
Inpatient Pediatric Unit and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
For children who need to be admitted for further monitoring, observation and treatment, Grand Strand Medical Center offers an inpatient pediatric unit and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) to care for the special needs of children in our communities.
- 24/7 care in both PICU and Pediatric Unit
- Only dedicated Pediatric Intensive Care Physicians in our community
- Specially trained pediatric nurses
- Large, modern, private rooms
- Child-friendly artwork and décor
- Family-centered Care promotes optimal recovery and provides for a family member to stay with the child
- Play Area with child-sized furniture and toys
- Child-friendly menus
- Individualized treatment plans designed to meet the unique needs of each patient
- Pediatric-specific weight-based medication
- Pediatric Sedation Services for diagnostic imaging such as MRI, CT and Ultrasound