When medication and non-invasive procedures are unable to relieve symptoms, surgery remains the accepted and most effective treatment for a range of gynecologic conditions. These conditions may include:
- cervical and uterine cancer
- uterine fibroids
- uterine prolapse
- menorrhagia or excessive bleeding
Traditional gynecologic surgery uses a large incision. This type of open surgery may cause significant pain, trauma, and a long recovery period.
For complex hysterectomies and other gynecologic procedures, robot-assisted surgery with the da Vinci® Surgical System may be the most effective, least invasive treatment option. Through tiny, 1-2 cm incisions, surgeons using the da Vinci® System can operate with greater precision and control.
Procedures performed with the da Vinci® Surgical System:
- Hysterectomy - surgical removal of the uterus and/or other reproductive organs
- Myomectomy - surgical removal of uterine fibroids
- Sacrocolpopexy - surgery for uterine or vaginal vault prolapse
Find a Doctor
Call (843) 692-4444 for a FREE physician referral to a da Vinci® specialist.