- Cardiologists perform femoral and radial cardiac catheterization procedures as well as angioplasty, stent placement, rotoblade and thrombectomy.
- The cardiac catheterization (cath) lab is a 24-hour, self-contained department in the Heart Center offering diagnosis, preparation, procedure and recovery all within the unit.
- A 12-bed pre and post cath unit is adjacent to the caths labs for preparation and recovery.
- Three laboratories serve as both diagnostic and treatment rooms, performing diagnostic and interventional procedures including stents and angioplasty. Over 7, 000 procedures were performed in 2011.
- An electrophysiology laboratory, with a 3-D mapping system and bi-plane fluoroscopy unit is used for implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators. Learn more about electrophysiology at Grand Strand Heart Center.