Grand Strand Medical Center offers some of the most efficient and well-equipped operating rooms in South Carolina. Advanced systems from scheduling to pre-operative and discharge planning ensure that patients receive high quality surgical care in a convenient and timely manner.
The daVinci® robotic assisted surgery system at Grand Strand Medical Center continues to lead the way in minimally invasive surgical technology. Nine surgeons use robotics for urologic, gynecologic and general surgery procedures. Surgeons are able to perform complex and delicate procedures through tiny incisions, with unmatched precision. For patients, this means less blood loss, less scarring and quicker recovery and return to normal daily activities.
Surgery specialties include: cardiothoracic, ear, nose and throat, gasteoenterology, neurosurgery, obstetrics/gynecology, ophthamology, oral and maxillofacial, orthopedics, plastic & reconstructive, podiatry, general/vascular/trauma/breast and urology.
- Ten operating rooms including two open-heart surgical suites; three endoscopy suites with Spyglass technology and endoscopic ultrasound
- Complete range of surgical services
- Low-risk and minor surgeries without overnight stay
- Free-standing ambulatory surgery center
- daVinci robotic assisted surgery system
- 38-bed post surgical unit
- Minimally invasive spine, lung and valve surgery