|General||9:00am - 9:00pm|
|Maternity||9:00am - 9:00pm
Fathers may visit anytime.
|PCU & SSU||9:00am - 9:00pm|
|Intensive Care Units
(CVICU, NSICU, SICU)
|9:00am - 9:30am
11:00am - 11:30am
1:00pm - 1:30pm
3:00pm - 3:30pm
5:00pm - 5:30pm
8:30pm - 9:00pm
Our visitation policies are meant to support a healing and nurturing environment for our patients. We know how important family is to the well-being of our patients, and we will try to accommodate our patients’ individual needs.
Visitors may enter the hospital through one of three entrances:
- Main Building: 5:30am – 9:30pm
- South Tower: 5:30am – 8:00pm
- Emergency Room: 24 hours a day
Please do not bring bags or purses into the facility if possible. Weapons of any kind are not permitted. All persons are subject to search, and administration reserves the right to seize any unauthorized weapons or property.
At certain times or in certain situations, staff may need to limit visiting hours for a patient. The reasons may include:
- A patient’s condition
- The family’s health and safety
- A patient’s wish for privacy or uninterrupted rest time
- The need for a sterile environment
- Any court order limiting or restraining contact
- Behavior presenting a direct risk of threat to the patient, hospital staff or others in the immediate environment
- Behavior disruptive to the patient care unit
- Patient’s risk of infection by the visitor
- Visitor’s risk of infection by the patient
- Extraordinary protections because of a pandemic or infectious disease breakout
- Substance abuse treatment protocols requiring restricted visitation
Grand Strand Medical Center is a tobacco free campus. Smoking is prohibited on all hospital property.
For our patients’ comfort, we ask that you follow these guidelines when visiting:
- Short pleasurable visits are important to a patient but patients need adequate rest. Please limit your visit to 15 minutes or less and only two visitors at a time.
- Permission is needed from the Nurses’ Station for children under 12 to visit a patient.
- Please do not visit a patient if you have a cold or a cough.
- Wash or sanitize hands when entering and exiting the patient’s room.
- If a room curtain is closed, do not enter as patient care may be in progress.
- If there are precaution signs posted on the door of the patient’s room, please see the Nurses’ Station for directions to enter room.
- Please do not bring food or drinks into the patient’s room.
- Visitors are required to wear shirts and shoes. Rooms are often cool, so a sweater or sweatshirt may be needed.
- Keep noise and conversations in the room and hallways at a library level.
- Please do not linger in the hallways or at the Nurses’ Station to protect patient privacy and decrease noise for other patients.
- Use the chairs provided in the patient room or stand. Sitting on the patient’s bed may be uncomfortable for the patient.
- Refrain from photographing and video recording in respect to patient safety and confidentiality.
- ICU UNITS ONLY – Live plants, cut flowers and latex balloons are not permitted. Mylar balloons are allowed.
We use a patient-specific passcode for security. We request you to have this number available when calling about your loved one.
The patient, if able, should designate one family member or friend as a care partner who will be involved in the patient’s care plan and decision making. This person may also serve as the designated spokesperson that can effectively communicate among extended family members about the patient’s status and reduce the volume of calls that prevent the nursing staff from caring for your loved one. This person should not give out the patient passcode to protect the patient’s privacy.
When calling about a patient, please call the hospital main number at (843) 692-1000, provide the patient’s name and ask to be connected to the Nurses’ Station for that patient.