Medical Imaging (Radiology)
- PET/CT Scanning
- Three 1.5 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) units
- Five CT Scanners including 64-slice CT Scanner, ultrasound, fluoroscopy
- Two SPECT nuclear medicine cameras
- Interventional radiology procedures performed by board-certified interventional radiologists
- Four FDA and ACR accredited mammography units, breast self-examination education, minimally invasive breast biopsy
- Board-certified radiologists
- Breast Health Center
- Computer aided detection mammography system
- Digital X-ray equipment
- PACS - Picture Archive Communication System
- Digital mammography
Satellite Hospital Departments & Affiliates
The Breast Health Center
Phone: (843) 692-1950
The Breast Health Center is a department of Grand Strand Medical Center and provides outpatient diagnostic services including X-ray, CT scan, and ultrasound. A dedicated women's center provides digital mammography, breast education, bone densitometry, ultrasound and X-ray services.
Carolina Forest Imaging Center
Phone: (843) 236-7878
The center offers outpatient procedures including 16 slice CT, MRI/Breast MRI, digital mammography, bone densitometry, ultrasound and X-ray.
South Strand Medical Center
Phone: (843) 839-1000
The South Strand Medical Center is an outpatient department of Grand Strand Medical Center serving residents and visitors in the southern part of Horry County and northern Georgetown County. The Center has a 24-hour emergency department and cardiac rehabilitation, as well as outpatient diagnostic services including digital mammography, X-ray, PET/CT services, MRI, bone densitometry, ultrasound and laboratory testing.
Notice to Patients
You have the right to submit comments regarding this facility's radiology imaging and treatment services. Submit your comments in writing and send to the facility or to the following address:
American College of Radiology
Attn: Accreditation Program Patient Comments
1891 Preston White Dr.
Reston, VA 20191-4326