Medical Records are no longer kept on site and must be mailed to you or faxed to your doctor's office.
Grand Strand Medical Center is committed to protecting your privacy. All requests received are processed and released by HealthPort, our Release of Information vendor.
If you are interested in obtaining a copy of your medical record(s), please print and complete the Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information form.
- Be sure to fill the form out completely, including signing and dating. Failure to do so will result in a delay in processing your request.
- In order to verify your identification and validate your authorization, HealthPort requires that you include a legible copy of a valid photo I.D. (e.g., driver's license, military I.D. or state I.D.) and a telephone number.
- For records that are requested by someone other than the patient (e.g., holder of a medical power of attorney, court appointed guardian), additional documentation may be requested for proof of your authority to act on behalf of the patient as required by state and federal law.
- If your doctor needs your records for an upcoming appointment within the next 5 days, please call your doctor and ask their office to fax a request for your records. Please ask their office to include your appointment date and time so that we may process the request prior to that date.
- If you would like a copy of your x–rays on CD, please complete an Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information form and take the completed form to the Radiology Department.
Upon completion, choose one of the following options:
For non-urgent requests, mail the form to:
Grand Strand Medical Center
Attn: Health Information Management
809 82nd Parkway
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
For urgent requests, fax the form to:
Requests are processed in order received. Please allow five to ten business days for processing of all non-urgent requests. If you have not received a response to your request within 10 business days, please contact the Health Information Management department directly at 843-692-4435/4436.
There is no charge for records sent directly to your physician or healthcare facility for continuum care. There is a fee for copying medical records for all other requests. HealthPort charges 25–cents per page, plus postage and tax. HealthPort will send you an invoice directly from their office: ROI Customer Service Center, 120 Bluegrass Valley Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30005.
- About Us
- Classes & Events
- Email a Patient
- H2U - health to you
- Interpreter Services
- Maps & Directions
- Medical Records
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Patient Portal
- Patient Rights & Responsibilities
- Pay Bill Online
- Pricing Information
- Universal Medication Form
- Visitor Information