24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Our emergency department continues to set the standard among area hospitals with the latest systems to reduce patient wait time and operate more efficiently.
- Comprehensive services and board-certified emergency specialists available around the clock to handle any life-threatening emergency, including heart attack and stroke.
- 40 private, patient rooms to assure privacy, infection control and a calm, quiet atmosphere. Dedicated pediatric friendly treatment rooms.
- Pediatric trained emergency specialist on staff.
- Accredited chest pain center with PCI.
- Paramedics transmit vital patient information from the accident scene or transporting a patient. In the case of abnormal EKG reading consistent with a heart attack, patients are transported to Grand Strand Medical Center for surgical intervention to open blocked arteries.
- Digital pediatric medication management insures the right dose for children.
- Check-in kiosks in two languages, for easy check in with the swipe of a drive's license or credit card.
- Physicians diagnose and treat nearly 80,000 patients each year who arrive with chest pain, stroke symptoms or other emergency ailments.
Quality Health Care for the South Strand
South Strand Medical Center is a department of Grand Strand Medical Center in Myrtle Beach. The South Strand facility is staffed with Grand Strand Medical Center physicians and highly trained clinical and support personnel.
Regardless of the time of day or night, South Strand Medical Center's 24-hour Emergency Department is ready to serve the medical needs of residents and visitors of the South Strand. Staffed by board-certified emergency medicine physicians, this state-of-the-art facility offers the latest in medical technology, and can take care of all medical emergencies from minor cuts and scrapes to major illnesses and accidents.
South Strand Medical Center is located on Highway 17 Bypass between Highways 707 and 544 in south Myrtle Beach.